AuthorMessage
Roxie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Roxie

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-27

neopets uder attack Empty
PostSubject: neopets uder attack   neopets uder attack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Main source here---> http://www.sunnyneo.com/

It seems the hackers roaming neopets aren't only looking to steal your neopoints and pets, they also gain acces to other important information you or your parents might have stored in your computer. Sunnyneo's artcile has a bunch of links to the main articles on fox news and such that i think you all should take a look at.

Also, i'm no rocket scientist, but i can advice you to look carefully at any link before you click it. Notice if it has any doubled letter (for example "nneopets" or "neopetts" and so on). If you are reading any neo fan sites or forums (even trusted forums like jellyneo) always, always make sure that you do not click a link that is intended to look like a neopets link like for example the link could look like this ---> http://www.neopets.com/~JubbyJubJack but when you hover over it with your mouse cursor, at the left of your browser frame (i use Firefox) it could show something different like one of those double lettered link i was talking about earlier.

Instal a script blocker add on. don't know about other browsers but Firefox has a really neat one i am already using for some time now.

Don't accept free items. they could be stolen from someone that got their account hacked and you will only go down with the hacker when he gets frozen.

Don't accept free accounts. They can also be stolen or currupt. The person could had used a cheating program to get neopoints and when he is going to get frozen, you will go down with him.
Also, as curious as you are, try not to check up their lookup or anything like that, just in case they have a cookie grabber on it. I've been recently neomailed by someone claiming to be sick of neopets. This person stated that he wanted to give me his neopets account because i "seem like a responsible person" (lol). I told him i don't need another account so he got persistent and said he has a lab map (oh boohooo). Don't inspect anyone's lookup/petpage/shop. These guys ask for attention offering you too-good-to-be-true deals like free lab map account, codestones, cheap items.

Anyways, hope i helped *sigh*

Sorry for my tooty fruity way of expressing myself geek

Last edited by Roxie on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my grammar lol >___<)
Back to top Go down
Alekin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Number of posts : 16
Neopets : _alekin_
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: neopets uder attack   neopets uder attack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks Roxie, I'll keep my eyes extra open now. I had the general idea, but I didn't thought it was so serious Neutral
I'm going to download that script blocker right away!
Back to top Go down
Sammynnnp
Devotee
Devotee
Sammynnnp

Female Number of posts : 1082
Neopets : sammynina19347
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: neopets uder attack   neopets uder attack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Seriously, foxnews has to be that serious xD
But hey, neopets get free advertisement. Just kidding ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=orangeyjuice
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neopets uder attack   neopets uder attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neopets uder attack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Neopets Discussion :: Neopets Related-