Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crazycompgeek
Administrator
Administrator
crazycompgeek

Male Number of posts : 688
Neopets : crazycompgeek
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:29 pm

There is one thing that Neopians hardly knows about our Shenkuu players. Larcy Phu, Xana DiLanche, Antola Maeir, Mirsha Grelinek and Foltaggio live in the same neighbourhood on Hoban Harbor. In fact, their Neohome are next to each other. Each Neohome is built from a different material. Each player has a diffrent kind of petpet that they got from the Fanciful Fauna. Each of them has different type of favourite food and drinks.

Here are some hints about our players:

1. Antola raises a Biyako as a petpet.
2. Foltaggio favourite drink is River Wave Breeze.
3. Larcy has Negg Noodles for dinner everyday.
4. Mirsha lives in the Marble Neohome.
5. Xana visit her nextdoor teammate's Bamboo Neohome every week.
6. The Neohome made by Brick is on the right side of the one made by Tatami.
7. The player lives in the Tatami Neohome likes to drink Bamboo Tea.
8. Shenkuunese usually smell Steamed Vegetable Dumplings from the Wood Neohome.
9. There are a lot of empty bottles of Stramberry Juice in front of the center Neohome.
10. A player has Ice Cream Dumplings and Jug Juice as favourite food and drink.
11. Two players who eat Sushi Platter and drink Water lives next to each other.
12. The Kazeriu's owner has Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll as a favourite food.
13. The Dandan's owner usually sees his/her nextdoor teammate eats Sushi Platter.
14. The Pandaphant likes to smell Steamed Vegetable Dumplings from the nextdoor neighbour.
15. Xana lives in the leftmost Neohome.

Question: Which player has a Blurgah as a petpet?

Prize: Blurgah
Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Bosu_red

Deadline: A week after the posted time.

You are allowed to answer up to 3 times. Discussion can be posted in the discussion thread. Please justify your answer (i.e. provide your solution).
Back to top Go down
superxgamer
superxgamer

Male Number of posts : 321
Neopets : stop_the_madness

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Well here goes nothing...it was a lot of figuring but I think I got it.

It is Larcy who owns the Blurgah. Now stick with me on my solution because I don't know how clear I can make it.

Xana-Wood house, Steamed Veggies, Water, Dandan

Foltaggio-Bamboo house, River wave breeze, Sushi, Pandaphant

Mirsha- Marble house, Stramberry, Fruit and veg hand roll, Kazeriu

Larcy- Tatami house, Bamboo tea, Negg noodles, *Blurgah*

Antola- Brick house, Jug juice, Ice cream dumplings, Biyako

Solution:
Xana lives in the leftmost house, so her next to her is the Bamboo house. The middle house can be Tatami or Marble, the 4th Tatami or Brick, and the 5th Brick or Marble. Xana must live in the Wood house because of this, thus she eats Steamed Vegetable Dumplings. The Pandaphant lives in the Bamboo house because of that. This rules out the Bamboo or Wood house from having the Biyako or Kazeriu. Also the Bamboos favorite food can't be Steamed Vegetable Dumplings or Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll. The middle house likes Stramberry, so it isn't Foltaggio and it can't be the Tatami house, so it must be Mirsha. This means we have the houses going Wood, Bamboo, Marble, Tatami, Brick. The Tatami house drinks Bamboo Tea, so it isn't Foltaggio. Foltaggio is now in either the Brick or Bamboo house. Since the Water and Sushi Platter people live next door, Larcy can't live in the Bamboo house. Antola must live in either the Tatami or Brick house. It is the Brick house because she has no food or drink assigned to her and neither does the Brick house. She is the Ice Cream Dumpling and Jug Juice teammate. This puts Larcy in the Tatami house and Foltaggio in the Bamboo house. Given what foods are left, Foltaggio is the Sushi Platter lover and Xana is the Water fanatic. So Mirsha's favorite food is the Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll and she has the Kazeriu. So now we know Xana has the Dandan, Foltaggio has the Pandaphant, Mirsha has the Kazeriu, and Antola has the Biyako...This leaves Larcy with the *Blurgah*
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mysteryoftheland/
superxgamer
superxgamer

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 pm

*waits patiently for the answer to be posted*
Back to top Go down
superxgamer
superxgamer

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:38 pm

*twiddles thumbs* *whistles*
Back to top Go down
crazycompgeek
Administrator
Administrator
crazycompgeek

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:38 am

There is possible many solutions for this riddle so this is only one of them.

First of all, we fill the obvious hints.
15. Xana lives in the leftmost Neohome.
5. Xana visit her nextdoor teammate's Bamboo Neohome every week. => the Bamboo house is the 2nd one.
9. There are a lot of empty bottles of Stramberry Juice in front of the center Neohome.

-
Leftmost
2nd House
Middle House
4th House
Rightmost
PlayerXana----
House-Bamboo---
Food-----
Drink--Stramberry Juice--
Petpet-----

Next, we take care of the Neohome.
6. The Neohome made by Brick is on the right side of the one made by Tatami. => the Tatami Neohome could only be the Middle or the 4th House. In that case, the Brick Neohome is the 4th or the Rightmost House respectively. (because the 2nd House made by Bamboo has limited it)
7. The player lives in the Tatami Neohome likes to drink Bamboo Tea. => then the Tatami Neohome must be the 4th House because the Middle House has Stramberry Juice as drink. Therefore, the Brick Neohome is the Rightmost one.
4. Mirsha lives in the Marble Neohome. => Marble Neohome is the Middle House because Xana lives in the Leftmost one and others are taken. Therfore, Xana lives in the Wood Neohome.

-
Leftmost
2nd House
Middle House
4th House
Rightmost
PlayerXana-Mirsha--
HouseWoodBambooMarbleTatamiBrick
Food-----
Drink--Stramberry JuiceBamboo Tea-
Petpet-----

We can come to the easier hints from the rest.
8. Shenkuunese usually smell Steamed Vegetable Dumplings from the Wood Neohome. => Xana likes Steamed Vegetable Dumplings.
14. The Pandaphant likes to smell Steamed Vegetable Dumplings from the nextdoor neighbour. => Pandaphant is in the 2nd House.

-
Leftmost
2nd House
Middle House
4th House
Rightmost
PlayerXana-Mirsha--
FoodSteamed Vegetable Dumplings----
Drink--Stramberry JuiceBamboo Tea-
Petpet-Pandaphant---

The hardest step:
2. Foltaggio favourite drink is River Wave Breeze. => Foltaggio lives in the 2nd or the Rightmost House.
10. A player has Ice Cream Dumplings and Jug Juice as favourite food and drink. => that player also must lives in either the 2nd or the Rightmost House. It also indicates that the player is not Xana, Mirsha or Foltaggio (different favorite food/drink). That player is either Antola or Larcy.

From 2 and 10, only Water can be Xana's favorite drink.

11. Two players who eat Sushi Platter and drink Water lives next to each other. => Sushi Platter is eaten by the 2nd House owner.

Come back to hint #10, that player must live in the Rightmost House because the food in the 2nd House is Sushi Platter. Therefore, Foltaggio lives in the 2nd House with River Wave Breeze drink.

-
Leftmost
2nd House
Middle House
4th House
Rightmost
PlayerXanaFoltaggioMirsha--
FoodSteamed Vegetable DumplingsSushi Platter--Ice Cream Dumplings
DrinkWaterRiver Wave BreezeStramberry JuiceBamboo TeaJug Juice
Petpet-Pandaphant---

Final step:
3. Larcy has Negg Noodles for dinner everyday. => He must be in the 4th House with the Negg Noodles food. Therefore, Antola lives in the Rightmost House. Also, with only 1 food left, the Middle House must have Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll.
1. Antola raises a Biyako as a petpet. => Biyako in the Rightmost House
12. The Kazeriu's owner has Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll as a favourite food. => Kazeriu is in the Middle House
13. The Dandan's owner usually sees his/her nextdoor teammate eats Sushi Platter. => since the Middle House has Kazeriu, the Dandan must be in the Leftmost House to be nextdoor to the 2nd House.

The Blurgah hasn't been mentioned must be in the 4th House. Hence, Larcy owns Blurgah. Final result is in the following table.

-
Leftmost
2nd House
Middle House
4th House
Rightmost
PlayerXanaFoltaggioMirshaLarcyAntola
FoodSteamed Vegetable DumplingsSushi PlatterFruit and Vegetable Hand RollNegg NoodlesIce Cream Dumplings
DrinkWaterRiver Wave BreezeStramberry JuiceBamboo TeaJug Juice
PetpetDandanPandaphantKazeriuBlurgahBiyako

If you don't know, I rephrased this puzzle from Einstein Riddle. Smile
Back to top Go down
crazycompgeek
Administrator
Administrator
crazycompgeek

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 pm

superxgamer wrote:
Since the Water and Sushi Platter people live next door, Larcy can't live in the Bamboo house

I'm not sure how can you come up with that. Please let me know your reasoning. Smile
Back to top Go down
superxgamer
superxgamer

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:21 pm

really? Now i have to look at it again to remember how i got it.
Back to top Go down
superxgamer
superxgamer

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I must have just been going on the fact that Larcy already had a favorite food and so did Xana.
Back to top Go down
crazycompgeek
Administrator
Administrator
crazycompgeek

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:30 pm

superxgamer wrote:
I must have just been going on the fact that Larcy already had a favorite food and so did Xana.

That is true but what if Larcy has favourite drink as water and Mirsha has favourite food as Sushi Platter (suppose Larcy lives in the Bamboo Neohome). The rest of your reasoning is good. For that, I guess you won the prize but not points for ladder Smile
Back to top Go down
superxgamer
superxgamer

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:33 pm

ok, I don't know why I excluded Mirsha. I mean I do but its a dumb reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2   Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shenkuu Weekly Riddle #2
Page 1 of 1